Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Return...

So I'm back, after a brief flirtation with bigger things in game journalism. The last few weeks have been full of highs and lows. I have every weekend of October booked with awesome Halloween events. I got to play Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. I was able to publish a piece calling attention to the lack of Tales series localizations in the West. Work is going better than usual.

But as I type this, I sit here with a sprained hand from a gym workout. I drove to Chicago and took time off of work to get an exclusive for the gaming site which shut down the very day I was traveling. One of my arcade cabinets died this week (though I did manage to sell another one for proceeds to put towards a new board), and I'm going to get started with rehearsals soon for both murder mystery and a christmas show for the local community theatre, so I will have no shortage of things to do.

I'm still not quite sure where to go from here. I may open a site that has the potential to gain a few more followers - but I'm really unsure which direction I want to take it. I have so many side projects and barely have any time to put towards them. In the meantime, there will be some fairly interesting stuff here - including day-one reviews of a few upcoming games on certain Japanese consoles, so watch this space.

No comments: